What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- The data collected can be used to send you interest based content and relevant advertisements.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality –Lit-Inn uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising — Lit-Inn uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Lit-Inn sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
There are several ways to manage cookies. You can:
- Set your browser to prevent cookies from being accepted. More information should be in your browser’s “help” menu. How to adjust your browser will depend on which browser you’re using.
- Set some browsers to send you an alert when a website is trying to place a cookie on your browser.
- Block cookies by activating the setting on your browser to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies including strictly necessary cookies, site access and features can be limited or not available.
- Use an ad blocker to block any of the tools specifically or individually, including Google Analytics.
- Delete cookies stored in your browser by “clearing cookies”. This will only delete cookies already stored. It won’t prevent new ones being accepted unless you change the acceptance settings. Also, clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all devices, independently.
- Refuse specific cookies, by using that cookies opt out process, in the table at the end of this notice.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We are not responsible for the content or cookies from external websites. If you follow a link from our website to a third party site, they will have their own privacy and cookie notice.
Google Analytics cookies: Only Google Analytics can store and read information with these cookies. See https://policies.google.com/privacy/partners?hl=en-GB&gl=uk. If you want to opt-out of Google Analytics, you may download a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for your browser by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Facebook cookies: Only Facebook can store and read information with these cookies. See http://facebook.com/help/cookies for more information.
Yandex cookies: Only Yandex can store and read information with these cookies. See https://yandex.com/legal/confidential/.
LinkedIn cookies: Only LinkedIn can store and read information with these cookies. See https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy for more information.
YouTube cookies: Only YouTube can store and read information with these cookies. See www.youtube.com/static?template=privacy_guidelines for more information.
How long do cookies last?
Different cookies can last for different lengths of time.
Session cookies last for that website visit. Information is kept from one page to another, so you don’t have to keep entering it. We use session cookies to help improve your experience with us and to support key activities that you want to undertake on our websites.
How to contact us
Email us: [email protected].
Call us at: +44(0) 20 7692 5686
Or write to us: 207 Regent Street, 3rd Floor, London, W1B 3HH, UK
Right to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Lit-Inn has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the UK data protection authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office or ICO), or, as the case may be, any other competent data protection authority of an EU member state that is authorised to hear those concerns (you may find EU Data Protection Authorities’ contact information here.)